Following the overwhelming success of last year’s event, Fresh: Art Fair is back, and is establishing itself as the most exciting contemporary art fair outside London.
This year’s recent Open all Media show at the RBSA was sponsored by the Fresh: Art Fair.
The fair takes place at Cheltenham Race course, 27 – 29 April. Why not book your place on our RBSA outing on April 28 to see:
- 46 art galleries
- 400 artists
- 5000 pieces of artwork for sale
Prices range from £100 to £50,000 meaning whether you are an enthusiast on a budget or a serious art collector, there’s something for everyone. The Fresh: Art Fair has introduced new and exciting elements for 2018. These include:
- A sculpture park, with over seventy sculptures from 20 sculptors
- Two live artists’ studios – see established and emerging artists at work
- Bonhams will be present to advise you on selling your artworks
A Fresh: Art Fair spokesperson said: ‘We have brought together 48 leading contemporary art galleries from all over the country at Cheltenham Racecourse for three days. It’s a great way for Galleries to reach new customers but, more importantly, it’s a fantastic way for time-poor art lovers to see some 5,000 paintings and sculptures in one place…’
Follow these top tips from the organisers of the fair to make the most of your day at the event:
- Always ask about the artist’s backstory. It often adds to the enjoyment of the work
- Check out established artists. Take a look at their achievements and exhibition history, any notable private or corporate collectors, and also letters after the artist’s name …RA (Royal Academician), RWA, RBSA, RBA and ROI
- Ask about emerging artists. They may not have any lengthy track record but it’s not all about qualifications. Chat to the exhibitors about what makes them different.
RBSA Coach Trip
The trip will take place on April 28, giving you the opportunity to see established and emerging artists including RA and RWA Academicians and RBSA members.
The Fresh: Art Fair offers a vast range of work to view, meaning that there will be something for everyone.
If you would like to come and experience one of the most exciting new contemporary art fairs outside of London the please contact the RBSA Gallery to book your ticket.
- Call us on 0121 236 4353 for card payments
- Send a cheque payable to the RBSA
Tickets cost £25 per person, and £20 for Friends, Members and Associates of the RBSA. The ticket price includes the coach fair, entrance to the fair, and a welcome tour.
For more information on this exciting opportunity to see leading contemporary artists, please take a look at the RBSA website. Here you will find all the details on how to book and what to expect from the day. If you would like any more information on the fair itself, please take a look at the Fresh: Art Fair website, for all the details about this exciting event.
By Beth Taylor, RBSA Volunteer